Todd E. Gurney
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
E-mail: E-mail Me
Todd Gurney joined the firm in 2007. His practice is narrowly focused on cases of medical negligence and wrongful death. Mr. Gurney helps people (and their families) fight for justice and fair compensation when they have been harmed by a medical mistake. Mr. Gurney remains directly involved in every case that he handles, and his clients know that they can reach him directly – day or night – whenever they need to.
Over the years, Mr. Gurney has become familiar with all types of medical injuries – e.g., birth injuries, brain injuries, vascular injuries, broken bones, etc. Mr. Gurney’s ability to understand and simplify complicated and complex medical and legal issues has made him an invaluable asset to the firm, but it is his unwavering dedication to help his clients that truly sets him apart from other attorneys.
Mr. Gurney has successfully handled cases across the State of Ohio – from file to trial, and even on appeal – and has gained significant experience in all aspects of civil litigation.
Mr. Gurney is a native Clevelander and an avid sports fan. He enjoys playing golf, basketball, and tennis, and spending time with his wife and two children.
- Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2006
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio J.D. - 2005
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN B.A. - 2002 Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President of the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2020-2021
- ORT America, Ohio Region, Jurisprudence Award Planning Committee, 2018
- ORT America, Ohio Region, First Vice President of the Board of Directors, 2022
- ORT America, Ohio Region, Board of Directors, 2019 – present
- ORT America, Ohio Region, Jurisprudence Award Steering Committee, 2018 – present
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Secretary, 2018-2019
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Treasurer, 2017-2018
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member, 2007 - Present
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member, 2007 - Present
- Cornwell v. Northern Ohio Surgical Center, Ltd., et al., 185 Ohio App.3d 337, 2009-Ohio-6975
- Barnish v. Neltner et al.,, $10.6 Million Verdict (Franklin County Court of Common Pleas 2009)
- Johnson v. Emergency Phys. of Northwest Ohio at Toledo, Inc., 986 N.E.2d 595, 2013-Ohio-322.
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2018, 2019
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
President’s Award, 2018
- ORT’s First Recipient, Robert Sill Leadership Award, 2018
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Pro Bono and Community Service Award, 2005